Lil Lodges - UPDATED I would like to add some postive comments to this thread

I talked with Larry about my unit Friday and he said it was 95% complete and it would ship this week or early next week. My wife and i decided to drive 5 hours to look at the unit Saturday morning.(they work on Saturdays) We arrived at 9:00 am and met with Michelle(quality manager) and Dwayne(supervisor/manager) they answered all our questions and really treaded us like a customer. Our unit was indeed 95% complete and I didn't see and workmanship issues.

In additional, they toured us through the factory and I counted 18 units on the production line or off line in a finishing area.(my unit was in the finishing area)

I have been there 4 times now and have been impressed with the workmanship. If you have a concern about your unit I would suggest you go there.

I am attaching a few pictures of the production area.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
all most on time
Product or service
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #926044

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lil Lodges? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 18 #1228609 Round Rock, Texas

I received my house two weeks ago. I had a few issues, but no more than I had with new houses, I purchased in the past. And considering the price I paid(39,000) I am pleased with the unit. These house are 15,000-20,000 cheaper than other comparable units.
To the Lady/guy with the cats you need to get a real life. As my mother said " All animal and most men belong outside" By the way I have a daughter who is the IT director for a Major university and I have a boy I adopted at 2 months old and is know 13. I was 50 years old when I made that decision.

2 2 Reply

2 days ago #1230767

Oh please, whoever you really are, Anonymous on Oct 18 #1228609 in Round Rock, Texas, your comment indicates to me that you must be an employee of Lil' Lodges. And if not, and if you really did purchase (and receive) a unit for $39,000, you certainly cannot understand what it is like to be scammed out of a 50% deposit of $67,500 and receive nothing at all, six months after you were promised your 'home', and have a Special Agent with the Attorney General's Office assigned to your case because of that. Sorry, there is a universe of difference here, and your lack of empathy makes me wonder why you are even posting here, unless you are a 'plant' from Lil' Lodges. What is the point of your post? If you are happy, why are you posting on a site for concerns? Yet if what you are saying is indeed true, I would love to hear what you are saying about your 'unit', in a few weeks or months as to its 'quality'. And what on earth is your comment about your daughter and your son about? What is the relevance here whatsoever? Should I post my resume for you? Is that something that is even pertinent on this site? Ridiculous.

1 1 Reply

1 day ago #1231271

The lady says one thing about how she is pleased with her unit and you flip out saying all sorts of disrespectful nonsense!! You sound like some kind of depressed lunatic!! She can post whatever the *** she wants to on this site you ***!!

1 1 Reply

7 hours ago #1231772

Excuse me, Anonymous 1 day ago #1231271, if you are referring to me, the owner of two twin Abyssinians who are distant cousins, why on earth are you defending someone who directly attacked me personally stating: 'To the Lady/guy with the cats you need to get a real life.'? Not the first time I have been attacked because I have kitty-kats who cannot travel long distances. What business is that of yours? I had been asked why I couldn't travel to Alabama, and why on earth should I have expected that I should have to do so, or watch over them like a hawk, when my Unit was promised to be delivered to a Park Developer's site three months from February 8th, 2016, at a total cost of $135,000. Nothing has been done on my Unit, At All. Wake up folks, this is a Ponzi and Pyramid scheme that this company has been running. And is it simply that you, as well, are an employee or plant from Lil' Lodges as well and trying to divert attention from the complaints on this site, which is Precisely what this site is for. If you want to go posting about how much you Love Lil' Lodges for all of the wonderful things they have done for you, post them somewhere else. This is not a site for irrelevant, hateful, and personal attacks about individuals who have been wronged by this company.

1 0

Oct 11 #1225484

I also have more or less positive comments, but with some reservations. My unit was supposed to have been completed and I made a trip down there to inspect before shipment, only to find out it was about 90% complete. I was kind of glad I did as there were some deviations from the floor plan. Most notably missing windows on one wall. Not sure how that could happen as I bought the managers special and they must have made dozens of those. They also forgot the washer and dryer. I was given a generous adjustment for the missing washer and dryer and was assured they could still get the windows in. Otherwise the unit looks beautiful and solidly built. I am a little miffed that it wasn't complete as I insist on a final inspection before shipment. Now I will need to make one more trip. But otherwise my experience has been pretty good. I get prompt responses from both andrea and steve on email, and had no trouble reaching Andrea by phone. I was nervous as all get out from some of the posts on this site but was happy to see my unit being built and close to complete. If these guys were the top dollar producer I would be a little more miffed, but when I asked other manufacturers for a price on a unit with a metal roof, AC, a loft , and a porch I was told they would start at 50K. The managers special was 39,800 so I don't mind eating the cost of the extra trip out there.

1 0 Reply

Sep 28 #1219482

To Seagoville, Texas and your updated Review: While I am very happy for you that things are going so well compared to the vast majority of us, I would like to ask you the following: 1) When did you order and pay your deposit and 2) when was your Unit promised? In my case, I paid $67,500 as a 50% deposit on February 8, 2016 and my Unit was promised to be complete three months later. In additon, I was put directly in touch with Lil' Lodges (who I had never heard of), by the Owner of The Village of Wildflowers, Winthrop W. Gilman, who promised me verbally and in writing that he would make certain everything was handled properly. It had been my plan to move there, and I have never been in Alabama in my life. I left $150,000 on the table on my home sale because of both Mr. Gilman's promises and those of Steve Sullivan and Lil' Lodges and the 'fast delivery and construction' schedule that was promised. I cannot 'drive to Alabama, as I have four kitties, who are my children and where I go, they go. They cannot travel those distances. We live in Virginia, as we have never been able to relocate to NC as originally intended when sending this fraudulent company $67,500 on February 8, 2016. Would you not agree that a company like Lil' Lodges, as well as anyone who is recommending them (and also receives a Commission on their referrals to them, such as Mr. Gilman of The Village of Wildflowers, per Steve Sullivan), should clearly state, in the interest of truthful and not false... Show more

2 3 Reply

Sep 29 #1220096 Loganville, Georgia

Not being able to visit the factory, because your cats are like your children says all i need to know.

5 4 Reply

Sep 30 #1220699

To #1220096 Loganville, Georgia: You must not have any children at all if that is your response, or if you do, I feel very badly for them. My four kitties are two sets of purebred Abyssinian twins who are distant cousins, and they go where I go. No one but myself cares for them, and in no way will I ever put them in harms way. It is idiocy to presume that a company that promises to handle things completely over the phone and via internet communications, and provide a delivery date in three months, would not in fact live up to their promises. My delivery date was April 1st, 2016. It is now September 30th, 2016, and they never obtained the details to customize or finish my Unit, nor had they ever completed it before themselves with regard to the 'Tiny House Nation Episode'. It is truly sad that you have had problems with Lil' Lodges, which you now, for some reason believe are resolved, even after reading not only the issues of their 'stringing folks along', to make them think that their Units are being built, but in addition, that they do not conform in any way to the ANSI codes required by Park Model homes and if you would like any information on that, please do not hesitate to let me know, I have a plethora of details that I have been provided by the, not to mention, those who have ended up in worse circumstances, after accepting their Units from Lil' Lodges, only to find out then the grave safety problems as a result of their lack of licensing to either... Show more

1 3 Reply

Sep 30 #1220705

As a further comment to you, #1220096 Loganville, Georgia: I do not know what you provided Lil' Lodges, but in my case, the $67, 500 was a 50% deposit, on a completely fraudulent Unit that Lil' Lodges had never built and I have that in writing from the Licensed Contractor who did build that Unit. Perhaps you would be a bit more upset or concerned if you were out that kind of money with absolutely nothing to show for it. On the bright side for me, it is clear Felony False pretenses, however you may be dealing with some of the many problems that others who have received their Units are dealing with. Again, I have a voluminous amount of information which has been provided to the Special Agent assigned to me with the Alabama State Attorney General's Office, I am so sorry that you think that the safety of my kitties, who are my children, is so trivial, however as I also said, even the Developer who put me in direct Contact with Lil' Lodges has had it with them and we are joining together in suit. Good luck, again, for alienating folks who could help you ... at this point, not having your Unit yet, you really don't know what you are going to be facing. That, to me, is not very smart.
Wishing you the best.

2 3 Reply

Oct 04 #1222621

I received My Lil Lodge finally, several months late, not finished inside as I had specified. The side door needs to be replaced because someone tightened the hinge plate too tight and busted the door wood. The washer drain was NOT tied into the main plumbing drain line......had to get a Plumber out to fix that......turned the water heater on.....leaked......had to get the Plumber back out for that. Unit seems to be well built. No screen for the sliding front door going out onto the Porch. Our unit has central heat/air. The control unit does NOT even have a switch for running just the fan to the unit.....instruction book that came with it shows a switch for just running the fan. We did visit the factory twice. I understand that they have moved just a ways down the road from where they were last year. The 1st time I was there they had indoor plumbing, next time in the middle of the Summer they only had portable Outhouses and it was in the upper 90's!!! Nice employee there said that was all that they had for months. WOW, is all I can say about that!!! The employees out in the work are were Very nice and pleasant. I told one of them I don't see how you work in such heat, and can't not even have a decent bathroom. It was hard to get your clothing down to go to the bathroom with your clothes sticking to you from sweating....TALK ABOUT POOR WORKING CONDITIONS!!! I think they basically build a good "tiny home", have some really good people working there, but lack having a good... Show more

3 0
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.